Thursday, May 24, 2012

Regular Coffee

I fell in love with Peet's Coffee once I became a mother because it is stronger than Starbucks. However, my hubby stopped drinking regular coffee prior to the girls being born.


Mary's leg lengthening procedure has made him start drinking regular coffee again and not only in the morning but in the afternoons as well. That says a lot. I actually couldn't believe it was true the first time he said he was going to have regular coffee. 


Everything is going wonderfully but the 5 days in the hospital are exhausting and getting up in the middle of the night several times a night just like with a newborn take a toll. I have actually been feeling pretty good sleep wise (Michael hasn't thus the regular coffee) but Monday and Tuesday nights were extremely rough. Mary was up for 4 hours straight in the middle of the night on Monday night. I am guessing there was more on her mind than she was expressing (maybe about the doctors appointment the next day), she has trouble sleeping on her back and feeling pain in her leg.


Tuesday night was an improvement with being up only 3 hours straight versus 4 hours the night before and being able to verbalize she had a bad dream and pain in her foot.


So if we are looking a little ragged we at least have an excuse :-)


However, last night Mary tried sleeping on her tummy like she naturally prefers and it was such a better night. I don't want to jinx the new "cure" but I do think it will make nights better. She had tried sleeping on her side which she preferred but I believe it caused more pain in her leg because her leg was almost frozen in one  position. We currently have to roll Mary onto her tummy and place a pillow under her left quad but ironically during the night she rolled onto her back by herself...The more you can move the leg the better it will feel.


As I write this I may have already jinxed the new sleep cure. Mary can't get to sleep again tonight and she is on her tummy. She also just took regular Tylenol for foot pain and she hasn't had medicine in days. I better get to bed I guess, sounds like another long night!




No comments:

Post a Comment