Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mary's 1st Fall

On Friday evening Mary was using her walker and lost her balance. She used her fixator leg to catch herself which didn't feel so good and caused blood from her least favorite top pin site. She recovered quickly though. 


We know there are chances of falls. I luckily happened to be right behind her when it happened and I helped her recover but I think she would have been able to do it by herself. I am not looking forward to if she ever falls completely and lands on the ground.


Mary tends to push herself too much now and she should probably not use her walker for as long as she does at times. I believe she is now reluctant to use her wheelchair and prefers being more "normal" with her walker. As long as she is safe I guess I should enjoy her "drive" because it will serve her well with this whole process (and of course life). I am learning she has more drive than I gave her credit for previously.



No comments:

Post a Comment