Friday, May 11, 2012

Hospital photos: Day 1 and 2

Sister's tiny hives

Our before picture, can't wait to share an after picture in 6 months

Here we go...

Checking in and getting ready to wait 3 hours...

Anesthesiologist. I loved but he didn't earn Daddy's love until the nerve block wore off 16 hours later
Dr. Scott marked the correct leg

Mary and Dr. Scott minutes before she was taken into the OR

Dr. Bear who meant a lot to Mary and her younger sister who got one at her hernia surgery 3 years before

Hands

 
Feet

Wheeling into the OR

Recovery

Pain Chart used to describe level of pain when asked during hospital stay
Wheeling to inpatient room

Dinner

External Fixator
Resting

Playing games after surgery

Our very own ET- taken first thing Day 2

After finally getting sleep with the help of Atavan - lunch is served. Not sure if Mary enjoyed the humor but we thought it was funny that a bread stick was served as the grand main course.

She sat up with the Physical Therapist 21 hours after surgery started

Wiped out after Physical Therapy

Her youth walker and wwheelchair were delivered to the hospital. Thank goodness we are borrowing our friends mini-van- the wheelchair would never fit in our car!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mary,
    I hope you feel better. I said a lot of prayers for you, and my mom let me light a candle for you. I look forward in seeing you again.
    Your friend,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me so much of when I had my surgeries.
    Hope all is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete