Saturday, May 26, 2012

"Ow, Ow, Ow"

Last night my hubby remembered to tell me that when he was talking to our 4 year old Godson this week and asked him if he had any questions about Mary's fixator our Godson asked "How come she doesn't say "Ow, Ow, Ow?"

Mary's pain tolerance has been amazing. If she takes medicine at all it is Regular Tylenol and it's during the night. However, it is hard to hear her cry in her sleep. I have heard it 3 times since we have been home from the hospital, one of which was last night. She eventually wakes up and takes medicine.

We ask her daily before we turn her struts if she wants medicine and she refuses. She doesn't like the turning because she says she can feel it. So far I think it is more weird than painful but I know it will be truly painful at times.

We are 10 days into turning the struts. That should equate to 1 cm. but it must be confirmed by an X-Ray. My goal is 7 cm. so that she would only have a 1/2 cm difference but it's not up to me but rather Mary and her body.

We have our first Physical Therapy session on Wednesday and we are expecting that to be our next big phase in this procedure. "Ow, Ow Ow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment