Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dance Recital

Today was the girls dance recital. It was a lot of fun.

I can't thank the Director enough for being so open to letting Mary be on stage and for letting her hang out with me in the audience for the first 2 parts and go back stage for just the last part that included her dance.

In the audience prior to going back stage to dance

I am so impressed with the young lady that volunteered on the spot to be Mary's "driver" when I was discussing the possibility of Mary being in the recital with the Director. The young lady was very generous to offer because she was already in 10 of the 24 dances. Participating in Mary's made 11 dances. She was a very busy dancer but she is a beautiful dancer so it was a treat to see her dance.
Mary and her "driver" on stage during the rehearsal
I am also thankful to the kids (and parents) in Mary's class to being genuinely supportive of Mary's participation.

I want to thank another young lady that is a family friend that helped with coordinating Mary's backstage time and taking care of Little Sister during a loose tooth scare.

I have heard that this specific dance studio is a very supportive environment with really neat kids and I have to say I experienced it over and over again during the rehearsal and recital. Parents, Dancers, and Teachers were so supportive of Mary and generous in many ways to make it happen.

One young dancer told me yesterday that she had an external fixtor a couple of years ago because she fell off a ledge and Mary was so brave because she wouldn't even leave her house for the 1st month. When I was "parking" Mary on the side stage to wait for her dance an older dancer told me they would take care of her. The 3 and 4 year old dancers all made Mary cards while she was backstage. Etc., Etc. People are good!

And of course, I want to thank our family that came and watched the girls dance and all of the friends and family that gave the girls flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment