Sunday, June 3, 2012

3 week milestones

Thursday was 3 weeks from Mary's surgery date. It was the beginning of many milestones:

  • She began to go to the bathroom by herself,
  • She began to sit down in a chair by herself,
  • She began to go upstairs with out help other than someone carrying the walker to the top so it is there for her when she is at the 2nd floor,
  • And yesterday she went swimming by herself. Real swimming with the help of "noodles": two underneath her arms, one tied around her waist, and three pieces cut from a noodle on her fixator.

Floating on the raft

Swimming at LAST!!!

  • Today she went up a play structure with assistance on the stairs because the walker wouldn't fit but didn't seem sad bout not being able to really play like she used to.

I made it!

Here's some words from Mary:
I can definitely get around a lot better which is helpful because 
  • if me and my Little Sister, or me and my friend want to go upstairs we can go upstairs and not have to ask for help,
  • I do not have to wait to go to the bathroom if someone is busy,
  • and I do not have to wait to sit down.
  • It's also a lot faster or seems to be...
I  also like it because I do not miss out on as much as I used to.



No comments:

Post a Comment