Friday, September 21, 2012

Third Infection: antibiotic working???

We are trying to figure out if the antibiotic is working. The photographer (oh yeah, that's me) is inconsistent but below are chronological pictures. This infection isn't goopy like the first 2 were, the goop below is polysporin we applied. It is sensitive to clean and touch and Mary feels pulses in the infected area. The pharmacists say it takes 4-5 days of an antibiotic to take full effect. Tomorrow morning will equal 4 days...she doesn't have a fever and temperament is OK.
Monday

Thursday

Friday

Sunday

We were reviewing her history tonight. First infection appeared on June 11, Second infection appeared on August 11, and we noticed the 3rd infection on September 17 but Mary admitted to feeling it on September 15.

2 comments:

  1. When I had my infections, we knew if it was working by using a pen to mark the outline of the redness and watching to see if it went down. Its easier to tell that way. And I would guess that it is working if she doesn't have a temperature and isn't noticing anything else new. When mine didn't work I got very very sick in less than a day and had a very high fever. The infection got a lot worse very fast. Keep an eye on it! But marking it is helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Very helpful advice! I was literally just thinking about how "we must be ok if she doesn't have a fever, right?" Then I saw your comment. Tonight I thought of using a ruler to measure the area but a pen makes so much more sense. I am going to add that to my tips page.

    ReplyDelete